MONPIX search tips
Image data search
- This will retrieve all records containing words or phrases specified
in the Image Title and Notes fields.
- More than one word may be entered in the search field by linking
the words with %, however images will only be retrieved
where the words appear in the title in the same order as entered
in the search field.
Other image data fields
- These fields are:
- Image Number
- If terms are entered in these fields in conjunction with words
in the Image Title field, the search will be limited
APT Australian Pictorial Thesaurus
- This field searches using Australian Pictorial Thesaurus terms, which use contemporary Australian terminology to describe objects, people, places & structures, events & activities and concepts.
- If more than one term is used, enter a semi-colon after each term. eg. academics; medical sciences
Subject Descriptor search
- The list of descriptors used to classify images should be
consulted before using this search option.
- Descriptors are largely based on names of academic departments,
but include more general terms, e.g. Sport and Theatre
- For individual academics the descriptor will correspond to the relevant
- For senior academics (e.g. Deans) and senior administrators, the
descriptor 'Administrators' is used.
- For other non-academics the descriptor 'General Staff' is used.
Note: It is not advisable to search by entering data
in both the Image Data Search fields and the Subject Descriptor Search fields.
- A search using any of the above methods will result in a set of
thumbnails - each appearing with its own data and descriptor/s. Individual thumbnails can then be enlarged.
- Many of the fields appearing in the search results are hotlinked
to images with identical data in the same fields.